Sunday, November 20, 2011

Let's Take A Virtual Field Trip to Plimouth Plantation!

Hey ya'll!  I can't believe that this week is Thanksgiving!  Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and I'm so excited it's almost here!  For those of you that will work on Monday and Tuesday here are a few websites you might be able to use in your lesson plans about Thanksgiving.
Last week in the library our students went on a virtual field trip to see Plimouth and learn about the Wampanoag and Pilgrims.  Click here to go to Scholastic's website for the Virtual Field Trip!  There are three videos on Scholastic's site.  Your students can learn about the Wampanoag tribe, the Pilgrims, and Plimouth! 
With our kindergarten classes we used another website, click here for the link!  This site has pictures and then words.  We just summed up what each picture said.  I liked that this site had several activities to get the students involved such as sequence of events and comprehension. 
Finally, there is an awesome video on You Tube now on how to draw a turkey while telling a story called "Turkey Lake"! This makes me think of my PawPaw because he always told me stories that turned into a picture!  I always thought that was the coolest thing ever!   Click here for the link to the video!
I hope that these sites might help some of you with your two school day this week!  Happy Thanksgiving ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment